Saturday, January 16, 2010

Freeze Pack How Long Will Green Peppers Last If I Vaccum Pack Them And Freeze Them? Do I Have To Blanch If Cooking First?

How long will green peppers last if I vaccum pack them and freeze them? Do I have to blanch if cooking first? - freeze pack

Green peppers will take about a year in the freezer. Empty packagings which probably take longer. I have a vegetable farm and are still frozen peppers and onions also frozen. That almost always together. No money required. Visit your local Farmer's Market stuff and get cool!

2 comments:

snakekee... said...

You can freeze raw peppers. It will keep for a while. Remember, however, that if the peppers are frozen, thaw a bit boring. It is as crisp as in the fresh state. They are still in good broth, soup or fries, but do not wait for service on a cold plate of vegetables.

Lydia said...

I do not blanch it. But she said, because as soon as it melts and is smooth, and must be destroyed to stop the water. Then use them in stews, and pizza. I have them in small freezer bags, about a cup each.

Post a Comment